english flag English

Blog

Newsgroup Netiquette

What is Newsgroup Netiquette “Netiquette,” a mixture between “net” and “etiquette,” refers to the informal rules that Usenet users follow (or should follow) while exchanging information with others in Usenet newsgroups. Netiquette is not comprised of official government regulations, or laws, it is simply the ethical way in which users should behave when visiting this […]

Newsgroup Censorship & Usenet Privacy

What is Censorship? Censorship is the act of examining books, movies, films, web pages, or other material and the subsequent removal or suppression of what is considered morally, politically, or otherwise objectionable. Many different people from many different areas read and use the news in Usenet. That means that there could be thousands or millions […]

Usenet Auto Newsgroups

Fast Usenet carries over 120,000 newsgroups and when you type “autos” in our web gateway’s search field you’ll get a huge selection of auto newsgroups to choose from. “Alt”, “Rec”, and “News” are the types of autos newsgroups that we carry. In these types of newsgroups you will find all sorts of discussion and binary […]

Newsgroup Archives

The term ‘newsgroup archives’ refers to a huge collection of newsgroups and their articles. At Fast Usenet, we have the largest newsgroup archive collection you’ll ever come across. We carry over 120,000 newsgroups and this number grows every day and if we don’t have what you’re looking for, we can definitely have it added to […]

Inactive Usenet Newsgroups

The term “inactive newsgroups” refers to newsgroups that have nothing being posted to them. In most cases, however, the inactive newsgroups have nothing being posted to them. In the Usenet community, there are hundreds of thousands of newsgroups and over time you’re bound to have some here and there that tend to fail as in […]

Hot Newsgroups

Looking for Exciting, Hot New Groups in Usenet? Look no further! Fastusenet.org is the ultimate location for hot, new Usenet groups. We have more than 100,000 groups for you to choose from and with this selection, we’ll be sure to satisfy almost every taste and preference there is! What Kind of Hot Groups Do You […]

Image Usenet Newsgroups

What are Image Newsgroups? Image newsgroups are simply groups in Usenet that contain various images, photos, and graphics. There are many image newsgroups today, for the many different tastes of the people who frequent Usenet. What Can You Find in the Image Newsgroups? You can certainly find all kinds of animated, hand-drawn, or photographic images. […]

Usenet Moderated FAQs

In the world of Usenet, FAQ’s are a vital part of a newsgroup. The FAQ or ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ is sometimes used as a help file for the newsgroup. The FAQ includes a list of rules and guidelines to follow in that certain newsgroup, also the definition of what the group is all about. Moderation […]

Usenet Entertainment Newsgroups

What Exactly is Usenet Entertainment If you are looking for different ways to entertain yourself, then Usenet is the place for you! Sure, the Internet offers some great ways to waste your time but if you want to go in-depth and find things that you cannot find on any Internet website, and then you should […]

Linux Usenet Newsgroups

Usenet is probably one of the main reasons Linux exists today. Linux newsgroups are an excellent forum of collaboration among the hundreds of thousands of Linux developers worldwide. It is imperative for such forum to exist in order to facilitate the growth and improvement of the Linux OS over time. There are numerous Linux newsgroups […]

Providing Quality Usenet Service for Over 10 Years!