english flag English

Blog

What Are Usenet Newsgroups?

What Is A Usenet Newsgroup? Newsgroup descriptions can cover a lot of ground. First we’ll talk about what newsgroups are, and then we’ll get into the many types of newsgroups so that when you sign up with Fast Usenet, you’ll have a general idea of what we’re doing here. For starters, newsgroups fall under two […]

Usenet Newsgroup Names

What is a Newsgroup Name? A newsgroup name is simply the name of a Usenet newsgroup. Newsgroup names are usually comprised of several parts, to denote the hierarchy that they are in. The Major Newsgroup Names There is the Big 8 hierarchy of newsgroups, which contains 8 famous groups of newsgroups. The “Big Eight,” most […]

Newsgroups Flamers

What Is A Usenet Flamer? In the Usenet world have you heard the word flame or flamer? This little article is for education and not to scare you because Usenet has unlimited advantages with some problems that comes with. Ever been to a message board and made a post about a controversial topic only to […]

Creating A Usenet Newsgroup

Creating Usenet Newsgroups Newsgroups can be created upon the request of the Usenet customers. Customers may search for a particular newsgroup and find nothing that pertains to their subject and interest. Any newsgroup can be created as long as it falls within legal and acceptable guidelines. Most useful newsgroup names have already been taken but […]

Newsgroup Posts (Articles)

What Are Newsgroup Posts A newsgroup post is simply a message that was posted or uploaded in a certain group (or groups) in Usenet. Messages in Usenet are posted solely by the users, the Usenet Service Provider has nothing to do with the content that is being posted by people and hosted on their servers. […]

Private Usenet Newsgroups

What Are Private Newsgroups Private newsgroups contain both text and binaries and at Fast Usenet there are plenty of private newsgroups to choose from. “Alt, “Games”, “Humor”, and “Music” are just a few private newsgroups that Fast Usenet provides. Private newsgroups that have discussions in them are for people from all around the world having […]

The Best Usenet Service

Who Has The Best Usenet Service? Isn’t that the question haunting all of us, Usenet fans? It certainly was bothering me, until I discovered Fast Usenet. If you haven’t tried Fast Usenet, you don’t know what good Usenet service is all about! I am serious. Over the 6 months I have been with Fast Usenet, […]

Cartoon Newsgroups

Cartoon Usenet Newsgroups Cartoon newsgroups fall into discussion and binary newsgroups and at Fast Usenet there are plenty to choose from. Cartoon newsgroups are a place to take time out of your day and sit down and talk to other people from around the world that have the same interests as you. For starters, you […]

Newsgroups Talk Hierarchy

Usenet Talk Hierarchy One of the main newsgroups out there in BIG-8 groups is the talk.* hierarchy. This hierarchy is made up of groups that are largely debate-oriented and tending to feature long deliberations without decision and without substantial amounts of useful information. Talk.* groups are also broken down into many different other hierarchies just […]

Team Fortress 2 for Free

Team Fortress 2 is following in the path of farming Facebook games, time-sink mobile apps, failed MMOs and Asian kart racers. Valve’s funny shooter is now free to download and play on PC and Mac computers. Steam users can now download and play the full version of Team Fortress 2— including all 9 character classes, […]

Page 5 of 2012345678910...20...Last »

Providing Quality Usenet Service for Over 9 Years!