english flag English

Blog

Usenet Binary Files

Usenet binaries are a type of file that is widely used in the Usenet community. Usenet binaries probably take up close to 99% of the Usenet information out there. A binary file is basically a file containing binary data, random bytes or words, as opposed to a text file, containing only printable characters. Common classes […]

Usenet Newsreader Software

Newsreaders A news reader is a client application that allows you to read and post messages to the various newsgroups that are publicly accessible through the Usenet network. Newsreaders are each very unique in their own way. They have a variety of features and interfaces that you’ll need to get accustomed to, such as some […]

Newsgroup Binaries

Usenet was created as a sharing medium for ideas and opinions. In the early stages of Usenet, there were no newsgroup binaries and everything was focused on messaging in clear text. As the technology evolved over the years, the peering networks which work together to make Usenet possible, were gradually becoming more advanced and their […]

Posting to Usenet Newsgroups

Usenet posting is something that has many different rules depending on which news service provider you have. Each news service has its own set of rules, just as each newsgroup has a set of rules. If the group pertains to video, then one would not want to post an image file in that group. That […]

Free Usenet Newsgroups

You Get What You Paid For It is possible for users to find and utilize certain Usenet newsgroups for free. Those newsgroups are hosted by free or open servers in Usenet. Your ISP may also provide a newsgroup server as a part of your Internet service subscription. Chances are, however, that server isn’t worth its […]

Web Usenet Access

What is Usenet Web? There are many names for it that you may have heard but basically Usenet Web is a way for Usenet members to access their favorite newsgroups and participate in discussions or download files (binaries), or just browse and look at what ís there. Other names for what Usenet web refers to […]

Movie Discussion Newsgroups

Movie discussion newsgroups have been around since the invention of sliced bread. These types of discussion groups are some of our most popular at Fast Usenet, ranging from movie reviews, movie hype, movie mistakes, and what’s hot and what’s not. A large portion of the Usenet community spends their time in those groups, talking about […]

Inactive Usenet Newsgroups

The term “inactive newsgroups” refers to newsgroups that have nothing being posted to them. In most cases, however, the inactive newsgroups have nothing being posted to them. In the Usenet community, there are hundreds of thousands of newsgroups and over time you’re bound to have some here and there that tend to fail as in […]

Newsgroup Alt Groups

Because many people weren’t happy with the way the BIG-8 newsgroup hierarchy works, a Usenet administrator one day started the alternative groups (which are alternative to the BIG-8 groups). Basically, he tried to create certain groups as BIG-* groups, but the main Usenet provider at that time refused to carry his groups, so he created […]

Adding New Newsgroups

Adding new newsgroups is done just about every day, here at Fast Usenet. We offer the largest newsgroup list in the world and if there is something we don’t have, our customers can let us know by simply submitting a small form with the hit of a single button, and we’ll have it added in […]

Providing Quality Usenet Service for Over 9 Years!