english flag English

Newsgroup Netiquette

What is Newsgroup Netiquette “Netiquette,” a mixture between “net” and “etiquette,” refers to the informal rules that Usenet users follow (or should follow) while exchanging information with others in Usenet newsgroups. Netiquette is not comprised of official government regulations, or laws, it is simply the ethical way in which users should behave when visiting this […]

Newsgroup History

The basic concept of the newsgroups and their history are pretty interesting. The idea of Usenet and its environment evolved from a basic existence. Usenet is now worldwide and fully functional across many platforms and computers. The basics of newsgroups and message trading came from what was known as a BBS or Bulletin Board System. […]

Newsgroup Censorship

What is Censorship? Censorship is the act of examining books, movies, films, web pages, or other material and the subsequent removal or suppression of what is considered morally, politically, or otherwise objectionable. Many different people from many different areas read and use the news in Usenet. That means that there could be thousands or millions […]

Newsgroup Downloaders

Newsgroup downloaders, also known as newsreaders, are programs that can be used to download content from any existing Usenet newsgroup to your machine. Picture downloaders are programs that are specifically designed for downloading image files from Usenet. There are also universal downloaders, which can be used to download all kinds of binaries, including videos and […]

Usenet Article Completion

Newsgroup completion is something that is very important when choosing a newsgroup service. Some say the article completion rate is the single most important criteria for selecting a news service, 90% + completion rates are a must have feature. Completion is something that is only related to multi-part binary files. All binary files are broken […]

Newsgroup Newsreaders

A newsreader is a software application specifically designed to read articles from Usenet. Because of the way that information is posted to Usenet, it must be decoded and often combined from split files before it is useful to the user. This is where a good newsreader can be very useful. There are many newsgroup providers […]

Usenet Newsgroup Discussion

What is a Newsgroup Discussion? Newsgroup discussions are conversations between two of more people that go on in the Usenet community that is comprised of hundreds of thousands of newsgroups dedicated to different areas of interest. Most often, these discussions involve many users around the world and what makes them so valuable are the different […]

Usenet Auto Newsgroups

Fast Usenet carries over 120,000 newsgroups and when you type “autos” in our web gateway’s search field you’ll get a huge selection of auto newsgroups to choose from. “Alt”, “Rec”, and “News” are the types of autos newsgroups that we carry. In these types of newsgroups you will find all sorts of discussion and binary […]

Newsgroup Privacy

Most of the people who have ever used Usenet know how important it might be to hide one’s true identity in Usenet. Privacy is something that is becoming more and more important everyday on the Internet. There are always new stories of people involved in identity theft crimes, where their information is stolen and used […]

Newsgroup Archives

The term ‘newsgroup archives’ refers to a huge collection of newsgroups and their articles. At Fast Usenet, we have the largest newsgroup archive collection you’ll ever come across. We carry over 120,000 newsgroups and this number grows every day and if we don’t have what you’re looking for, we can definitely have it added to […]

Page 10 of 20« First...6789101112131415...Last »

Providing Quality Usenet Service for Over 9 Years!