Make Money Referring Customers to Fast Usenet Not only can you join our team and help spread the word about Fast Usenet Premium Usenet Access, you can get rewarded for your efforts. Our system tracks referrals and pays $10 commission of the final sale for every customer you send our way. How Much Can I […]

Continue Reading

Creating Alt.News Newsgroups No voting is required to create alt.news newsgroups, all you need to do is typically send a control message with a specific content to create it. This message will be posted on the news system just like any regular article. Some servers will automatically honor any “newgroup” control message it sees and […]

Continue Reading

Alt Newsgroups Origin Some people claim that the term “Alt” comes from Alternative topics. Other groups say that Alt originally stands for Anarchists, Lunatics, and Terrorists. Alt news was created for users who wanted newsgroups to be started without voting, discussion, or administration. These groups can and will be created by the users request. The […]

Continue Reading

Newsgroups, often referred to as a discussion forum, have been around almost the beginning of the Internet. They enabled scientists to post questions and answers to each other. Today, however, newsgroups resemble virtual coffee shops, where people get together to discuss subjects of common interest. The exception with newsgroups though is that the communication is […]

Continue Reading

What are Usenet Newsgroups? First, you need to know what newsgroups are. A newsgroup is a where people with some of the same interests, ideas, or hobbies can go to discuss and exchange ideas and news on a particular topic. There are various kinds of newsgroups available for you where you can find people to […]

Continue Reading

Current Retention Time Retention is now at 1,935 days and growing. We have new computer hardware coming in all the time and we are constantly upgrading our servers. Retention won’t stop growing anytime soon so check back often and see what our current retention rates have grown too. Fast Usenet Retention Fast Usenet Newsgroups, a […]

Continue Reading

Text And Binary Newsgroups As far as active newsgroups go, there are thousands of them out there. They are many different types, ranging from the text only groups, including your BIG 8 groups (comp.*, sci.*, misc.*, soc.*, talk.*, news.*, rec.*, and humanities.*) to the binary groups which are a lot more active because that is […]

Continue Reading

Browsing Usenet With A Newsreader There are several ways to browse newsgroups in Usenet. One way to access newsgroups is via the use of newsreader software, such as GrabIt (provided with your membership), Newsbin Pro, Newsleecher, SABnzbd, or Mozilla Thunderbird. Newsreader applications let you see the list of newsgroups carried by Fast Usenet, enter a […]

Continue Reading

Usenetreviewz.com Fast Usenet Review Our friends over at Usenet Reviewz wrote up a nice review about our service. Head over to Usenetreviewz.com to read the full review. “FastUsenet.org is a Usenet service provider that provides fast and secure Usenet services to customers around the world. They offer an excellent retention rates, free trial, iPhone friendly […]

Continue Reading